This course is designed for those who are aiming to enter universities. In addition to a high level of Japanese language proficiency, students are required to have the ability to think, judge, and express themselves in order to enter a Japanese university.
At TCJ, students learn the four skills of reading, listening, speaking, and writing in a well-balanced manner while improving their Japanese communication skills through our unique method. In addition, by addressing social issues, students will develop their academic Japanese language skills and receive guidance not only for examinations, but also for their post-secondary studies.
Immediately after entering the school, we will hold an information session and make a study plan based on the goals of the students. Students will enter into a comprehensive entrance exam preparation program that includes JLPT preparation, EJU test preparation, essay preparation, and interview preparation. Every year, TCJ graduates go on to attend top public and private schools, as well as many other prestigious universities throughout Japan.
- Personal My page(with Login ID and Password) will be given to all students. You can access to the school and class information.
- You use Google Classroom to communicate with teachers and Classmates. Personal device (PC, tablet, mobile) can be used.
Guide to Studying in Japan
Guide to Studying in Japan
Qualifications for Admission
1st Period, 2nd Period 9:00～10:30 / 3rd Period, 4th Period 10:50～12:20
Afternoon Class (4 sessions, 3 hours)
5th Period, 6th Period 13:20～14:50 / 7th Period, 8th Period 15:10～16:40
- There are two types of classes: morning and afternoon classes, and students will study at one of these times depending on their year and class level.
- Classes are held from Monday to Friday. There are no classes on Japanese national holidays or school holidays.
|First Year||Second Year|
|Entrance examination Fee||22,000 JPY|
|Enrollment Fee||44,000 JPY|
|For Study Abroad Insurance||10,000 JPY||10,000 JPY||7,800 JPY||5,500 JPY||3,200 JPY|
|Tuition Fee||770,000 JPY||770,000 JPY||577,500 JPY||385,000 JPY||192,500 JPY|
|Administrative Fee||44,000 JPY||44,000 JPY||33,000 JPY||22,000 JPY||11,000 JPY|
|Total||890,000 JPY||824,000 JPY||618,300 JPY||412,500 JPY||206,700 JPY|
Process for Admission
If you start in April, you can study abroad for up to two years. Please select an entrance period that allows you to develop your Japanese language skills enough to prepare for your desired higher education or employment.
*We have a limited number of seats available.
2) You will be interviewed in person or online with a TCJ Student Affairs staff member. Tell us as specific a goal as possible about your desired career path.
3) Complete and submit all necessary documents to TCJ and transfer the application fee to the school.
4) TCJ will apply for a “Certificate of Eligibility” on behalf of the applicant to the Immigration Bureau.
5) After examination by the Immigration Bureau, TCJ will receive the applicant’s Certificate of Eligibility.
6) We will issue an invoice for tuition fees.
7) After confirming the payment, TCJ will send the applicant a Certificate of Entrance and a Certificate of Eligibility.
8) Applicants are required to apply for and obtain a student visa at the Japanese embassy or consulate in their home country.
9) Before coming to Japan, you will prepare for your life and proceed with the booking of your airplane ticket.
10) Your study abroad life has begun!
You will come to Japan with a student visa and will be granted “student” visa status when you enter the country. You can work part-time for up to 28 hours per week if you get a permit to engage in part-time work. At the time of visa renewal, a certain level of attendance is required.
|Application form and pledge||In student’s handwriting|
|Six pieces of photographs|
|Original copy of your most recent graduation certificate, Original copy of your academic transcript|
|Certificate of student status, Certificate of employment||
In student’s handwriting
You must write your name as it appears on your passport.
You must write a clear and detailed explanation of why you want to study at TCJ.
*If you have graduated for more than 5 years from the final academic background, you need a explanation of your career.
|Japanese proficiency certificates (If any)||
1) If you want to prove it in the test, a pass letter of N5 or higher
2) Certificate of over 150 hours for Japanese language”
|Copy of passport||
Displaying photograph page
*If you have entered Japan previously, please also attach pages with your Japanese immigration stamps
|Expense statement and family list||If the sponsor is in Japan or self-supported, some of the submitted materials will be different.|
|Documents certifying the relationship with the applicant||Birth certificate, notary certificate, etc.|
|Documents that prove the family structure of the sponsor||Doorbook, copy of family register|
|Deposit balance certificate||Documents proving the deposit balance of supporter|
Documents that prove the
occupation of the sponsor
|Proof of employment|
|Demonstration materials for the funding process of the last three years||Copy of bank balance statement, statement of payment, etc.|
|Documents that prove income for the past three years||Income certificate/tax payment certificate|
*All documents must be issued within three months of the date of application. (In case of overseas issuance, a special exception is possible within 6 months.)
*All non-Japanese documents must have a Japanese or English translation.
*You may be asked to submit additional documents during the admission selection process or during the review of the Certificate of Eligibility by the Immigration Bureau.
Required documents vary depending on your personal situation, country or region, so please consult with us in advance.